Sunday, July 02, 2006

My caricature

My first time drawing my self as a caricature belive it or not.
It shows drawing from one to three, each drawing is very loose and sketchy. The first one is always more of a portrait, the second one I feel more comfortable and move things around, I push and pull features around to see what works the best.
The third one, I keep pushing features around, kicking them, boucing them around, but still maintaining a loose line. I pick the features that worked on number two and put them on number three, and if I can I try to exagerate them untill it bothers me.

You can draw me at the Caricaturist Caricature thread at the Drawing Board. (my mug is on page 60) There are a lot of great artist there, so go check it out.























It's a long way between one and three.



-heri

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan szilagyi said...

thanks alot for this post, i think its awesome to see what kinds of steps you take when you draw but i agree with you, big step from 1 to 3!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Chrissie A said...

Good verbal (and visual) description of the process, Heri...makes me want to try doing some caricatures myself!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Yeah, congrats Heri. Very educational.

Great likeness too.

You're not an easy guy to draw (believe me I've tried and failed already on numerous occasions.)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Alfredotron said...

tienes un superpoder para las caricaturas, yo creo ke necesito unas sietemil horas mas de practica ...


sobre todo ese detallismo del numero 3 esta excelentisisisimo , saludos!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, finally you drew yourself!!!
I remember drawing that picture of you, too. my first great attempt at drawing a guy. woohoo :)
I am more of a portrait person.

2:48 PM  
Blogger heri said...

thanks everyone. :)


Chrissie, thanks you should give it a try. :) it's fun. and i'm glad you like the caricature i made you.

chris I can't belive an artist like you ever failing. :) I'm still hoping to see my caricature sometime,
sorry i'm hard to draw. I am! but if you can draw matt damon, you can draw me.

also... I tried go draw a number four. but I just couldn't pull it off. I will try again, using another photo.

-heri

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home