Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Court Jester 2

I was looking at my old post tonight. Two years ago I drew a Court Jester, I was not pleased on how it turned, I needed feedback so I asked Chris Whal for help.

He told me that my lighting was inconsistent, but my major problem was that I wasn't putting any shadows.

I redrew it, making it more appealing also added some needed shadows that the previous one lacked.

Now what do I need to work on to make this one better?

Thanks again. I want to improve.



2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Hey Heri

Big improvement! Love it.

My main crit this time is that the shadow is being cast on a different plane to what the jester is standing on. This gives the impression that he/she is falling forward.

In other words, the horizon line for the jester is way, way up as we are looking from above, but the surface the shadow is cast on would have a horizon line just above her head.

Hope that helps.




...and just between you and me, it's Wahl not Whal. :D

3:29 AM  
Blogger Tooninator said...

Much improvement, Heri. Chris is right about the shadow.

I really dig the style of the girl below this post. Very appealing.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home